The process of being admitted for treatment at Ann Arbor Treatment Center is designed to be as streamlined as possible. In order to ensure that the process is both efficient and effective, we ask that all prospective clients please review the information provided on this page, and bring all necessary items with them on the day of their intake appointment.
First, please note that you must meet the following two requirements in order to receive care at Ann Arbor Comprehensive Treatment Center:
- You must be age 18 or older.
- You must be opioid dependent for at least one year.
When your intake appointment has been scheduled, you must be prepared to provide the following:
- Valid identification (either a state ID, a Driver’s license, or a U.S. passport)
- A urine specimen for drug screening
- Payment for intake fee at the time of intake, regardless of desire to pay for treatment with insurance
Your intake session will last between 2 and 4 hours. During this time, you will accomplish the following:
- Complete paperwork and answer questions about your personal history, treatment history, psychiatric history, and medical history
- Provide information regarding other medications that are currently being taken
- Provide documentation if you are transferring from another treatment provider
- Complete a physical examination with one of our medical staff members
- Complete a drug screen
- Receive a TB test if you have not received one in the past 2 years
- Take a pregnancy test if you are female
- Sign a release of information so that we can coordinate care with your OB/GYN if you are currently pregnant
- Receive a referral for prenatal medical care if you are pregnant but do not have an OB/GYN
Important note: Though our goal is to get you into treatment as quickly as possible, we cannot guarantee that you will receive medication on the day of your intake appointment. All medication decisions are made by members of our medical staff, who make these determinations on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions or would like to get additional information about treatment at Ann Arbor Comprehensive Treatment Center, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to helping you take your first steps toward a healthier drug-free future.